A no-cook recipe for delicious and very more-ish bliss balls made of raw carrots, fresh coconut, and dates. Perfect for a school lunch box or after-dinner snack, with no effort at all!
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 6 dates soaked in water for a half-hour (about 70g)
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon cardamom seeds pounded
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process briefly until well mixed, for one minute or so.
- Roll carrot mixture into balls. Optionally roll balls in desiccated coconut.
You could leave out the cardamom and they would still taste great! Vanilla and cinnamon also would give lovely flavour. No dates? Use about the same weight of golden raisins, also soaked in water. You definitely need the coconut and the carrots. If you don’t have fresh coconut, soak desiccated coconut in 4-5 tablespoons of milk. Allow the coconut to soften then use it.