Indulgent spicy fried potatoes with butter and cheese, an easy recipe to eat anytime.
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” dice
- 1 cup olive oil or other vegetable oil for frying Click here to buy Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (or more!)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili, ground
- 2 green chilies, chopped fine (optional)
- ¾ cup grated cheddar or other mild cheese (about 80 grams) Click here to buy Cheddar Cheese
- Peel and dice potatoes and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a 10” frying pan on medium heat.
- Add potatoes to pan in a single layer.
- In the meantime line a colander with two sheets of paper towels.
- After 7 minutes gently turn over potatoes, they should be lightly browned on one side.
- Allow potatoes to cook for 3 minutes more, then stir potatoes to allow even browning. Cook for 4 minutes until evenly golden. Remove potatoes from oil into colander.
- In another frying pan, heat butter until melted, add garlic, potatoes, salt, chili powder, and green chilies. Toss potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Add cheese to potatoes and keep stirring until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and eat immediately.
I like the flavour of green chilies, but you can use a fresh red chili or a jalapeno if you like. All the other ingredients are required!