garlicky chili cheese potatoes
Indulgent spicy fried poatoes with butter and cheese, an easy cooking recipe.
500g potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” dice
1 cup olive oil or other vegetable oil for frying
3 tablespoons butter (or more!)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red chili powder
2 green chilies, chopped fine (optional)
¾ cup grated cheddar or other mild cheese (about 80 grams)
- 1. Peel and dice potatoes and pat dry.
- 2. Heat oil in a 10” frying pan on medium heat.
- 3. Add potatoes to pan in a single layer.
- 4. In the meantime line a colander with two sheets of paper towels.
- 5. After 7 minutes gently turn over potatoes, they should be lightly browned on one side.
- 6. Allow potatoes to cook for 3 minutes more, then stir potatoes to allow even browning. Cook for 4 minutes until evenly golden. Remove potatoes from oil into colander.
- 7. In another frying pan, heat butter until melted, add potatoes, salt, chili powder and green chilies. Toss potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- 8. Add cheese to potatoes and keep stirring until cheese melts.
- 9. Remove from heat and eat immediately.
Serves: 2 (as a snack)
I like the flavour of green chilies, but you can use a fresh red chili or a jalapeno if you like. All the other ingredients are required!