An adaptation of the popular Pédron Peppers, these roasted peppers in a miso, soya, brown sugar, sesame oil and chili dressing. make a healthy, fresh salad for dinner. A quick and easy recipe sure to be popular with family and guests alike!
2 red peppers
2 green peppers
2 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons soya sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat broiler. Broil peppers to a heat source (2-4 inches), turning often until chard and blackened for about 15 minutes. Peppers can also be charred on a gas stove, turning often.
- 2. Transfer them to a plastic bag and close the bag. Let the bag stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. When cool peel, cut into 2” x ½” pieces. Drain in colander and pat dry.
- 4. Put peppers in serving dish.
- 5. Combine dressing ingredients and whisk.
- 6. Combine dressing with peppers.
- 7. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, serve cold.
Serves: 2-4 as a side dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Peppers and miso are critical. Miso give the flavor and body to the dressing. You can leave out the sesame oil if you don’t have it. Use any white vinegar instead of rice wine vinegar. If you prefer using a chili sauce to chili powder that works too. Any sugar instead of brown will do the trick.